14'ERS or BUST

Information about climbing Colorado's 54, 14,000 foot peaks, extreme sports, rock climbing and everything in between.

Adventure Sports Search Engine

Adventure Sport Advertisements

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Climb On

10 hours away from hitting the road West to colorful Colorado and the beginning of "2006 Expedition for 6". I will be documenting the entire trip to be uploaded on my blog when I return. Detailed accounts of the climbs and routes that will be easy to follow from the experienced trekker to the novice. I will be defining routes by landmarks and visual accounts to make it easier for anyone to understand. When I was a beginner trekker I found most information on routes and ways up and down 14'ers that I never felt comfortable before any climb. 14'ersorBust blog will help to put your mind at easy and give you information that you will use on every climb. Please stop back and let me know what you think... all trip reports are welcomed.

NOTE:
Public Access to South Park District “Fourteeners”
HOUSE BILL -06-1049
In recent years, public access to Mounts Lincoln, Bross and Democrat has been denied because private land owners that own the access routes to and summits of these peaks have had concerns about liability, theft, trespassing and vandalism. To address the liability issue, Bill 1049 was unanimously passed by Colorado State Legislature and signed by Governor Owens on March 8, 2006.

Itinerary:
6.28.06 - Iowa to Denver via I-80
6.29.06 - leave Denver to Kite Lake Trail Head
6.30.06 - 3 am - leave campsite at TH and summit Bross, Cameron, Demo and Lincoln. Head to Quandary TH and camp
7.1.06 - Summit Quandary - head back to Denver via I-70 and summit Evans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Adventure Sports Search Engine